On December 1, 1913 with a mere $240.00 worth of "seed money" our Methodist Church in Freeport, Texas was born. The Revered C. E. Clark was appointed by the Annual Conference to be the founding pastor. On October 27, 1914, Reverend Clark received 20 members to charter and organized the Freeport Methodist Church. Of those 20, 12 transferred from the Velasco Methodist Church as an expression of support for Methodist Missions.
Led by 35 pastors along the way, our church has been actively involved in the Lord's ministry for over one hundred years. The first church was a 4 X 50 foot rectangular frame structure located at 430 West Second Street by the Freeport Townsite Company. The sanctuary was built in 1915, and later enlarged to include a vestibule and bell tower. Active Men and Women's Sunday School classes as well as Women's Missionary Society were strong ministries contributing to the growth. Through 1918-1920, 141 people joined the church. In November 1924, the initial payment for a parsonage was made by the Women's Missionary Society. Seven years later, a Sunday School Annex was built. The growth supported the creation of new Methodist Churches in Clute, Lake Jackson and Jones Creek.
In 1947, the old church building was moved to our present location at 1600 West Broad Street. It was a controversial and difficult decision, but proved to be a positive move for the future of our church. In 1950, our sanctuary was built and seven years later a new education wing was completed. In 1966, more Sunday School rooms were added and our fellowship Hall was built.
In 2001, huge renovations and improvements were made to the church building, and the parsonage was relocated to Brazos Landing Court.
On April 7, 2013 the congregation celebrated a 100 years of blessings and ministry in and with the Freeport community.